Swale Inclusion Service is a Pupil Referral Unit which provides for the mainstream schools across Swale. We provide a service for students aged 11-16 who have been identified as being at risk of permanent exclusion or who come to us as the result of a directed move. Some students are on short-term placements and re-integrate to their original school and others may be with the service for a longer duration. We are based in Ufton Lane in Sittingbourne and work with around 45 students in key stages 3 and 4.
As a service we aim to:
- Engage our students in learning.
- Give them the chance to re-integrate back into mainstream education.
- Acknowledge the right of every student to an education bespoke to them.
- Put inclusive values into action.
- Reduce exclusions and discrimination.
- Remove barriers to learning and participation.