This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in craft and can be delivered in a variety of contexts, the focus being ceramics and pottery. Students will work towards completing a portfolio of evidence, 3D clay work, and will sit an exam paper as part of the course.
- use raw materials, tools and equipment in a safe and competent manner
- develop analytical and research skills
- evaluate their own work, develop ideas and learning through the craft process
- develop an overview of enterprise skills and characteristics present in successful enterprising individuals
- Unit 01 Exploring craft and enterprise skills
- Unit 02 Research and develop design ideas for craft items
- Unit 03 Respond to a craft brief
- Unit 04 Produce final craft work
The course title is NCFE Level 2 certificate in creative studies: Craft. Units 1, 2 & 4 are assessed internally from a portfolio of evidence. Unit 3 is an exam paper which is externally assessed. All units are mandatory.