NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Food and Cookery (VRQ)
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in food and cookery. It will provide learners with experience of using different cooking techniques and methods to enable them to use these within further education or apprenticeships. It will give you a basic understanding of the skills required for a career in food.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on an applied study of the food and cookery occupational area.
- incorporate a significant core of knowledge and theoretical content with broad-ranging applicability.
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
This qualification consists of:
- Unit 01 – Preparing to cook.
- Unit 02 – Understanding food.
- Unit 03 – Exploring balanced diets.
- Unit 04 – Plan and produce dishes in response to a brief.
Units 1, 2 & 4 are assessed internally from a portfolio of evidence. Unit 3 is an exam paper which is externally assessed. All units are mandatory.