The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy aims to support students to:
- Develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the hair and beauty sector.
- Develop a core knowledge which covers the vocational sector.
- Develop academic and study skills that will support progression within hair and beauty.
Course comprises of four mandatory units:
- Externally set and marked examination – (Understanding the hair and beauty sector)./
- Externally set, internally assessed and externally – moderated (Hair and beauty research project).
- Externally set, internally assessed and externally moderated – (Marketing hair and beauty products and services.
- Externally set, internally assessed and externally moderated – (Responding to a hair and beauty design brief).